What a pleasant surprise it was to find that Jack Johnson released a new album. I saw it on iTunes today while browsing for something else and did not blink twice before downloading it - and after listening to all the songs, I am so happy I did! This isn't just another JJ album, it's the soundtrack of the movie Curious George. I would never have thought, but now that it's done, it seems so obvious that JJ was the perfect candidate for creating the soundtrack of a children's movie!It's so cute, it even brings a downloadable coloring book. But really, this is an album for everyone. Some songs sound very much like children movie's soundtrack, others not so much, and I think there's a good balance so anyone will enjoy it. What's best is that all the songs have that upbeat, relaxed feeling to it that only JJ knows how to put into a song. It's like a whole album of Banana Pancakes, but better. Thank you JJ for making me feel good on this gloomy Sunday afternoon, if I had kids I'd play your album to them, but in the meantime I'll listen to it myself and dream on, because:
Who’s to say what’s impossible
Well they forgot this world keeps spinning
And with each new day
I can feel a change in everything...


1 comment:
and to add to that, the movie's pretty fun, too - Jack Johnson's songs complement the movie perfectly. (I went with my friend's family, OK???)
Post a Comment