I had some ideas for posts but it's too freaking hot to think. My brain cells are melting so here's me mumbling random thoughts about this weekend.Sat morning: I saw a little baby bird fall from its nest on the roof and saved it from being eaten by a kitten at the backyard. Lunchtime: both days were as previously described here. Afternoon: manicure, pedicure... things to make girl happy. At the salon I heard there was a huge storm in the morning, my street even flooded but I slept right through it (oh... yes!) - happiest moment of the day. Sat night: house was a zoo - main wildlife attraction: a pair of 9-year old boys. Spent the evening apartment-hunting at Cornell listings. When I get day-dreamy, I get to thinking which nice car I am going to buy when I start my new postdoc job.
I am counting seven mosquito bites on my left thigh... Don't you hate when Gmail asks "send this message without a subject?"
My download of season 3 of 24 is going real slow, plus when it was about 5% it started again from zero for no reason, crap. I am feeling bad that season 2 is going to end so I didn't watch a single episode. Today I ate the last piece of the 2 bars of dark chocolate I brought from São Paulo, fancy chocolate - the type you can't find in 7L.
Found out I need to go to Campinas to pick up my passport, left it there for renewal. Nice excuse for the sum of money I am spending to fly down again this coming weekend. It is (yet another) long holiday, so leave Thurs come back Mon: with passport, 300 bucks poorer, but great! - get to spend holiday with mom.
This afternoon went to the voting ballots even though I can't vote in 7L, voting is mandatory in Brazil so I had to justify my absence. Got a ride with Claudia to go into work and start some cultures for miniprep - got like 4 white colonies out of 9 transformations, inoculated some blue-ish colonies out of sheer despair to clone. The lab folks finally agree the competent cells are crap.
Sun eve: went out for beers with Elisson - wanted to go to the movies just to be in an air-conditioned room for 2 hours, but the movie was crap - so beer instead. Now bed, alarm rings tomorrow at 6:30am to start a short week thank God!


No comments:
Post a Comment