Yesterday I had another close encounter with an amazing creature of the Brazilian Cerrado , the lagarto teiú (lagarto = lizard). I was walking from lab to office (which are in separate buildings), minding my own business, and he was right there, crossing the yard in his 'lizardy' awkward steps.So pretty! This guy was easily 3-feet long! Of course I didn't have my camera on me (just like I didn't have it on the day I was almost run over by a crowd of monkeys at this same place). But I've found a bunch of pictures of this lizard online (the name in English is Black and White Tegu).


2 comments:
wow - that thing is scary-cool! You know what would be awesome? If you set up a caged death-match between this lizard and your local monkeys. Or maybe that's just a guy thing. Or just me.
errrrr... 'm afraid that's just you, Greg. And btw, stay away from my kittens.
Post a Comment