Hey Laura,
first of all thanks for stopping by! You know, this is pretty much your fault. Basically I decided to resurrect the blog after getting your email saying "how come no more posts???".
Maybe the blog still has a purpose after all - as you said, many people haven't a clue what this place (or the rest of Brazil is like).
To answer your question: yes, the name of the town translates to Seven Lakes and it's got this name because it has 7 lakes. But no, that does not mean windsurfing is possible :(
I have not yet seen all of the 7 lakes. One is in a private area and can't be visited. A few others are just outside town. Some others are in residential areas and have nice parks around them, and are famous local spots for walking, biking and running. I live just two blocks from one of the lakes - Lagoa Paulino. This lake is right on the heart of downtown Sete Lagoas. It makes for a nice view to have lakes around town, but unfortunately some of them (and it's the case of Lagoa Paulino) are extremely polluted and even get a little smelly during the dry season.
I am a shamelessly lazy photographer and still haven't taken a single picture around town (promise to do so sometime soon, after I come back from a couple of weeks away). In the meantime I've found a random webpage with photos of Lagoa Paulino (which, again, is just down the street from my apartment).
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Very nice pictures on the website. The rolling hills in the background look a bit like the fingerlakes region....all except for the palmtrees in the foreground:-) And for a second I thought one of the trees had clumps of snow (what?!?) in its branches only to realize that really I was seeing birds. And no, I guess the lake does not look windsurf-able:-( Thanks for posting the photo link, though. It helps to visualize what your current city is like....for those of us who have little clue what various parts of brazil are like. (What, you mean there are, like, other aspects to brazilian life other than Rio and the rain forest????)
Lagoa Paulino?
Post a Comment