I was decided to give up on this whole blogging thing since I moved to Sete Lagoas (henceforth to be referred to as Seven Lakes, because it sounds good. It sounds better than it looks). But some folks have been asking me how come I don't post anymore... so on a bored Friday afternoon, I decided to give it another go.
I gave up mostly for one reason: this was originally supposed to be a way of telling my friends (who are far away) what I have been up to during my travels in Brazil. Well, I am done traveling and I have settled (although temporarily) in Seven Lakes and gone back to work. So what is this blog supposed to be about now?
I suppose I could write about my new experiences in the new town/job, but it's not my intention to bore anyone to death. Therefore this blog is left without a subject (note that the 'description' line that comes just bellow the blog title is empty).
For what it's worth, the blog remains true to its title, because I do indeed still feel like a stranger (perhaps more than ever).
PD: for those less informed, Sete Lagoas (or Seven Lakes) is a small town, central to the State of Minas Gerais. I've got a temporary post-doc position at Embrapa Maize and Sorghum (God, is it my punishment to go from one Federal facility to another?). I'll post something about the town...
Friday, September 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yay, more posts! BTW, talking about your town, job, life, WOULDN'T be boring to most of us, as speaking for myself, I haven't a clue what your town OR the rest of brazil is like. And does the fact that your town name translates as seven lakes mean that there are seven lakes? And does that mean that windsurfing is possible???????
Post a Comment