Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Reply to Laura's comment on "Reply to Laura's comment..." post

Laura,
you mentioned the tree covered with birds - there's an interesting fact there.
I don't know the reason why (and no one here was able to explain me so far), but these birds, which are almost like a pest here, cuddle all together on a single tree every evening. The pictures on the random website must be a little old, because the tree you see there actually no longer exists - the birds killed it! So now there is another tree that gets covered just the same way, and it's close to my house (yes, I will photograph it...). It may look nice in a picture but it's actually pretty disgusting - around the tree the ground gets covered by bird crap and the smell is nasty (I'm pretty sure that the bird crap is what killed the other poor tree...)

1 comment:

Greg Rairdan said...

those birds are creeeeepy - they look like they're just waiting to descend on some hapless passerby and poke their eyes out.

where are the monkeys, btw? ;)