...and I have been in Florianópolis for about a week.
A short description of my daily routine this week follows:
- wake up late
- lay on the beach reading Life of Pi (and trying to avoid being bothered by strangers)
- back to the apartment, have lunch
- goof off all afternoon, work a little (maybe)
- back to the beach after sunset for a long walk / short runs
- back to the apartment, shower, relax, eat dinner, relax
- sleep late.
The insomnia that was driving me bananas since the very day I arrived in Brazil went away like magic. It was replaced by a very deep and restful sleep, full of dreams I only vaguely remember.
Yesterday after running on the beach (when the tide is low the sand is very flat and firm, it's great for running), I took off my hot and sweaty sneakers and cooled off my feet on the ocean. It was dark, there was no moon out only stars. I had an indescribable good feeling.
I thought of my friend P (it was his bday) and I missed him. I also thought of Sam and wished he would get better. He was in my dreams one of these nights. I wonder how he is doing.
Today I got rashes on my skin from too much sun exposure, but I am getting a tan and that's what matters...
Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment