Saturday, April 29, 2006

I give up

That's it folks, I give up. I kept trying to write up this blog so it would be up to this date, but I keep falling behind. I have been a total lazy ass when it comes to writing about whatever I did some 3 weeks ago. Yes, I was waiting until I could get it sort of up-to-date before telling friends about it, but what the heck. Forget about it. I'll keep it simple, so you all can see nice pictures whenever I get one and read a story every now and then.

So, wrapping up, the weekend in BH was just plain awful. 8-hour bus ride, sleep, eat, 5-hour exam, eat , 8-hour bus ride back. All for a stupid exam, that was poorly designed and will simply not select the best candidates to fill those positions, which makes me even more upset about enduring such a ride. Anyway, I had to do it.

On the way back I took the "sleeping cart" bus. It was $40 bucks more (ie, $100 bucks for the one-way ticket back to SP), but it was worth every penny. Even though I can never sleep on buses/airplanes, I crashed and before I knew we were in SP (5:45 am). I took the subway, then a cab to my bro's (6:45 am). I took a shower and slept again 'til 11;30 am. That day, after I finally woke up, I realized I didn't have the exam anymore as an excuse, so I finally had to face the facts... I was really in Brazil, on vacation. I was done. Anxiety took hold of me for a moment.

No comments: