Saturday morning my brother drove me across town to the grand São Paulo bus station, to catch the 12pm bus to Belo Horizonte (Minas Gerais), city where I'd take the exam for the job at EMBRAPA. SP has a huge bus station, connected to the subway lines, where buses come and go from virtually anywhere in the country and even across the border. Sorry, no pictures. I am a poor Grad student and I don't have money to buy a new camera in case this one gets stolen. (Correction: I am no longer a poor Grad student! I am an unemployed doctor). It was nuts to be back at the bus station after so many years, I had not taken a bus there since long before I left the country in 2000. But when I was in college, I was there all the time, traveling to see my family in Rio de Janeiro. I used to travel late at night with only a backpack. Those were great but crazy times! Gosh, everything is making me nostalgic these days.
BH is 8 hours away, Northwest from SP. Never been there before. Long trip: I brought lots of reading, my camera to play with, and my life-saver, my adorable iPod Nano.
Saturday, April 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment